Kitchen and home decor items
Our charcuterie, cutting and charcuterie boards are all finished with Walrus Oil, a food safe cutting board oil.
- Wash both sides with warm, soapy water (do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives), dry immediately
- Do not place in dishwasher, or submerge in water
- If dry spots appear, or if water no longer beads on the surface, liberally reapply either Walrus oil, or a food safe mineral oil, and let the oil soak in for 12- 24 hours. Wipe off excess.
- If board becomes “fuzzy” lightly sand with 320 grit sand paper, and reapply Walrus Oil or other food safe mineral oil.
Wood/ epoxy coasters are finished with Rubio Monocoat.
- Dry after each use (do not let liquids sit on surface)
- If soiled, wash with warm, soapy water and dry immediately
- If water stops beading you can apply Rubio Monocoat renew or maintenance oil, or use any other food safe hardwax or mineral oil (we use Walrus Oil cutting board oil). Top with Walrus Oil Wood Wax for even more resiliency.
Unless noted otherwise, all our furniture is finished with Rubio Monocoat. This provides a durable, food safe finish.
- To clean, wipe down with warm soapy water. We do no recommend using harsh cleaners.
- Annual oiling is recommended, using Rubio’s maintenance oil (we provide a bottle with your furniture when delivered). If the piece. Bi-annual oiling may be necessary depending on use and humidity levels in your area.
- If scratches appear, you can purchase either Rubio Monocoat Renew, or their 2C oil in the color used on your piece. (Pure is our standard), and follow the instructions from Rubio below:
- Sand the repair area as needed to remove damage and expose raw wood.
- Dampen the area with water. Allow to completely dry.
- Apply with a cotton cloth, the same color oil that was used originally to coat the piece.
- Let it react for 10 minutes. Wipe the excess oil off with a cloth, dampened with Monocoat Oil.
For repairing minor scratches, follow the above instructions but skip sanding.